Visual Perspectives ("VPI") was founded by Zachary Zeiler as a sole proprietorship in 1993 while attending the University of California at Santa Barbara.
Visual Perspectives is a full-service agency offering digital, traditional, branding, marketing, consumer loyalty programs and consulting services.
In 1995, Visual Perspectives adopted two pivotal strategic business changes that reshaped how the client-agency relationship work.
First, VPI ended all contract retainers with clients. Second, VPI added transparent, real-time billing of services.
Our founder decided that for VPI's long term successful relationship with clients that VPI needed to bill for the services clients used and retainers were the antithesis of that philosophy, so he ended all retainers. Second, he instituted transparent billing services. Transparent billing is based on the skill level involved of the person providing the services (senior level was at one rate and mid-level at a different rate). In addition, all billable time was actual time and not based on 15-minute increments or 1-hour minimals. Actual time and actual skill set required for the project with projected time in the estimates provided to clients before work began. To earn client loyalty, you have to be transparent and we follow that philosophy to this day.
Visual Perspectives would often come in under budget and only bill for actual time and that earned the loyalty and trust of our clients throughout the years and we are proud to continue that tradition to this day where we can pass the savings back to our clients.
These bold moves were ahead of the industry and solidify long-term relationships and expand the reputation of the agency attracting amazing clients, talented staff and allowed us to shape the future of the company he founded and we continue to operate today.
To this day, Visual Perspectives (now under new ownership and management) follows Mr. Zeiler's unique perspective and his business philosophies while delivering the highest level of quality, value and and affordable solutions to clients of all sizes and in all areas of business.
Zachary Zeiler's philosophy instilled at VPI is still followed today include:
- Change your client's perspective from coming up with the next big idea and let them feel your passion for their project
- Humanize the experience in terms that everyone undrestands
- Passion is contagious and that is internally and externally; embrace your passion and share it with the world
- Make everything accessible, affordable and understandable
- Understand your client's vision while making sure that it is on target with their audience no matter what the brand is or our role what we do for them.
- Be a great leader by listening and hearing what is being asked of you and the company
- Give your team a chance to learn and grow. If you see raw talent without actual work experience invite them to join the team and maybe someday they too will pass it on to someone else. Work experience begins with giving someone an opportunity to shine--hopefully one day, they too will "pass it on" and give someone else their opportunity.
Visual Perspectives built brands for clients such as Lockheed Martin Aerospace, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dr. Phil, Ellen DeGeneres, Ryan Seacrest, Judge Judy, TMZ, CBS, Paramount, Warner Bros., Sony Pictures Entertainment, Mark Burnett Productions, AOL, Time Warner, US Department of Health (CDC) and tens of thousands of others.
Visual Perspectives has over 70 active products that are licensed or sold to clients today with 11 of these active products that began as industry firsts invented in-house at Visual Perspectives.
In addition, Visual Perspectives has over 300 games in our library that can be rebranded, rewrapped, expanded, or redeployed for today's market as web (HTML5), mobile, and VR based games.
On top of that, Visual Perspectives has over 30 physics engines that accelerate time to market and save our clients and development team during the process that is passes along as cost savings through our transparent billing process.
Visual Perspectives, at the forefront of tomorrow's marketing and brand building needs--today.
© 1993 - 2017 Visual Perspectives LLC. Visual Perspectives, VPI and the VPI brand logo are registered trademarks of Zachary Zeiler All other client names and logos are the property of their respective owner.